Best Timing (November 1st Week – May Last Week)
- About the Expedition
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Drive from Shimla to Sangla/Rakcham
Today Morning, On your Arrival at Shimla Bus Stand, Our Driver will pick you up and your journey to Sangla/Rakcham Will Start. On the way enjoy the beautiful outer views of Shimla, Kufri, Tranda Dhank, Lovely villages of Rampur, Wangtu and Karcham.
On Arrival at Sangla/Rakcham, Check-In to the Stay and Retired for the Day. Dinner and Overnight stay at Sangla/Rakcham.
(NOTE: Vehicle will pick all the travelers together only From One Point. As early as you depart, As early as you will arrive at your next destination).
Distance Covered: 220-250 Kms Travel Time: 08-09 hrs
Drive from Sangla/Rakcham to Tabo
Today Morning, After Breakfast check-out from the stay and Visit - Rakcham and Chitkul Village (Last Village on the old Indo Tibetan Trade Route). Also enjoy the great views of Baspa River and Valley.
Later on Start your Journey for Tabo. Enroute you will find the amazing view of Satluj & Spiti Rivers at Khab. You can stop for lunch in Nako village which is famous for a beautiful lake. Later on continued the journey to Tabo/Poh.
On Arrival, Check-In to the Stay & Retire for the Day. Dinner and Overnight stay at Tabo/Poh.
Tabo, Is a small town in Lahaul and Spiti district on the banks of the Spiti River. The town lies on the road between Reckong Peo and Kaza. Visit the Tabo village, surrounded by Buddhist Monasteries which is more than 1000 years old and is considered one of the holiest Buddhist sites in the world. There are several caves nearby which are used by Buddhist monks for meditation in solitude.
Distance Covered: 240-280 Kms Travel Time: 08-09 hrs
Drive from Tabo to Kaza
This morning after breakfast Visit - Tabo Monastery and Caves (For Caves it’s minimum 1 hrs hiking). Later on Start your Journey for Kaza Via Dhankar. Visit - Dhankar village and visit Gompa which is situated high above the valley.
Later on, Move towards Kaza. On Arrival at Kaza, Check-In to the Stay and retire for the day. Dinner and overnight stay at Kaza/Lidang/Rangrik.
Dhankar Village, Is known for a fort and residence of the king of Spiti. The views from this point are mind blowing.
Kaza, Is the sub divisional headquarters of the remote Spiti Valley and known as Heart of Spiti. Kaza is a high altitude or cold desert having close similarities to the neighboring Tibet and Ladakh regions in terms of terrain, climate and the Buddhist culture.
Distance Covered: 60-80 Kms Travel Time: 04-05 hrs
This morning, get ready for the Tour - Langza, Hikkim, Komic. Later on you can explore the Kaza Market (On Your own). After Exploring the market, come back to the Stay. Dinner and overnight stay at Kaza/Lidang/Rangrik.
Langza, Is famous for its fossil hunting. Due to its close proximity to the China border, most of the population in Langza practice Tibetan Buddhism. It is an interesting place for handicraft lovers as the primary occupation of the villagers is mud craft. Vessels, ornaments, and souvenirs of all shapes and sizes are produced in this village and sold all across the country.
Hikkim, The world’s highest post office in the world. If possible, you might even meet the postmaster and hear his stories and have the experience of sending a postcard to your family, love one from the nominated Post Office.
Komic, Is the world's highest connecting Village with the motorable road which literally translates to ‘eye of a snow cock’, is situated at a height of 4580 metres. This farming village has a population of 84 people, living in utter isolation, cut-off from the rest of the world for most parts of the year. This little hamlet ensures to bring you thousands of miles away from your familiar settings to a place of soft brown pastures and snow-white mountain peaks. Some of the common animals of the region are the Tibetan wolf, blue sheep, red fox, hare, snow cock, Himalayan griffon, rock pigeon etc.
Distance Covered: 45-60 Kms Travel Time: 03-05 hrs
Kaza Locals and Drive from Kaza to Tabo
This morning, get ready for the Tour - Key Monastery, Kibber, Chicham Bridge. Later on move towards Poh/Tabo. On Arrival at Poh/Tabo, Check-in to the Stay and retire for the day. Dinner and Overnight stay at Poh/Tabo.
Key Monastery, Founded more than a 1000 years ago by Dromton, Key Gompa Monastery located in the Lahaul and Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh. Key Monastery or Kye Gompa is an absolutely transcendent place of worship which is now officially the biggest monastery of Spiti Valley and a religious training centre for Lamas.
Kibber, Is the best place for travellers in the entire Spiti Valley. Located at a dizzying altitude of 4200m above sea level, Kibber village is famous for a monastery and the Kibber Wildlife Sanctuary.
Chicham Bridge, Located at a height of around 4500 metres above sea level in the Himalayan mountain ranges, the Chicham Bridge is said to be the world's highest suspension bridge and is one of the most spectacular bridges of the world. The bridge is situated across a deep gorge around 1000 feet in height. The bridge connects Kibber village with the Chicham village in the Spiti valley and is frequently used by motorists for approaching the Kunzum Pass. The bridge was opened to the public in the year 2017.
Distance Covered: 90-110 Kms Travel Time: 04-06 hrs
Drive from Tabo to Kalpa
This morning, After Breakfast start your journey to Kalpa. We will again cross the Nako Village (From Outer side) which is famous for a beautiful lake. Enroute you will find the best viewing of Satluj & Spiti Rivers at Khab.
On Arrival at Peo, You can Visit and Explore the Peo Market (On Your Own).
Later on move towards Kalpa. On Arrival at Kalpa, Visit - Roghi Village and Suicide point. At Kalpa, catch a glimpse of the famous Kinner Kailash mountain range. Later on Check-in to the Stay and retire for the day. Enjoy the Dinner & Overnight stay at Kalpa.
Distance Covered: 205-220 Kms Travel Time: 07-08 hrs
Drive from Kalpa to Shimla
This morning, After Breakfast Check-out from the Stay and Move for Shimla. On the way, enjoy the Outer view of the beautiful Lovely villages of Wangtu, Rampur and Kufri. On Arrival at Shimla in the late afternoon or evening, Our Driver will drop you at Shimla Bus Stand and from there onwards you can move for your onward Destination on your own.
You will remember this unexplored Kinnaur and Spiti Winters Trip till the lifetime with the beautiful memories- The Unexplored Hidden Gem of India. TOUR ENDS….
Distance Covered: 250-280 Kms Travel Time: 08-09 hrs
- Accommodation as per the Itinerary In Starting Room Category.
- Transfers from Shimla - Spiti - Shimla By 01 Non-AC Sedan (Dzire/Similar) OR 01 Non-AC SUV (Ertiga/Innova/Similar) OR 01 Non-AC Tempo Traveler - Vehicle Provided as per the Availability Only and As Per the Package Choose.
- 06 Night stay in the Mentioned Homestays / Guest Houses / Hotels / Similar.
- Meals - 06 Breakfast + 06 Dinner - In the Accommodation Places only.
- Basic First Aid Box in the Vehicle.
- Sightseeing Tours as per the itinerary Only (Vehicle will be on Non-Disposal basis).
- All toll taxes, Fuel Charges, parking fees and driver's allowance.
- Any additional Transfers not specified in the Package Inclusions.
- Lunch, Water bottles & Snacks are not included.
- Tea's with Breakfast only Included. Further Guests have to pay for other Particular Orders.
- Any Meals and Accommodation which is not mentioned in Package inclusions.
- Adventure Activities : River Rafting , Paragliding , Skiing, Biking, Etc.
- Other Activities : Bonfire, Astro Photography, Traditional Folk Dance, Etc.
- Entry Tickets for Monuments, Monasteries Etc.
- Supplement Cost will be Chargeable for Pickup and Drop Either Shimla Railway Station OR Shimla Airport.
- All kinds of personal expenses such as tips, laundry, telephone bills and beverages, Camera Fees Etc.
- Any other Sightseeing Places which is not mentioned in the Itinerary, Supplement cost will be charged for the same. No Sightseeing will Cover on Last Day, Only drop will be Provided.
- Guide Services, Travel Insurance, Room Heaters, Snacks, Oxygen Cylinder, Etc.
- In Hilly Areas AC and Blower Will not operate and Run. Supplement Cost will be applicable for AC and Blower.
- Hotels/Stays Standard Check-In & Check-Out Time as per the Hotels/Stays Policies.
- Any expenses incurred due to unforeseen circumstances have to be borne by the guest directly like - Flight delay, Flight cancellation, Bad weather, Landslide, Road blocks, Any issues due to Covid-19, Any Natural Calamity and Medical Issues etc.
- Any claim due to road blocks, curfews, accidents etc.
- Any other item not specified in the Package Inclusions.